Sunday 6 March 2011

Htc desire vs blackberry 9800 torch

So after having my htc desire for a few months, it was suggested I try out the blackberry torch as it would address one of my complaints of the desire - that of connectivity to our novell messenger service.

Well, after trying it out for a weekend I can not wait to get my htc back tomorrow!

Whilst it is true that I can use novell messenger with the blackberry - the web browser and keyboard has absolutely done my head in!

The web browser on the blackberry is often very unresponsive, sometimes it will work perfectly, then at other times it will not respond on clicking links until you hold you finger down on the link until the popup appears and you can then select open link. I never had any problems like this with the htc.

On the blackberry the slide out keyboard is too small, resulting in many incorrect keypresses. The on screen keyboard does not provide feedback to keypresses like the htc does. Also it does not appear possible with both keyboards to hold down the alt key, for instance if you wish to write something in capitals you have to press alt before each character, on the htc a second press of the upper case key keeps it in upper case mode until you press it again.

Then we come onto applications, a lot of the stuff I had working on the htc, I have not managed on the blackberry, eg maps - it never displays for me, navigation, geocaching - charged for on blackberry, etc, etc

On the plus side the camera on the blackberry is much better than that on the htc!

So all in all, I find the blackberry fine for the occasional email, etc, in terms of making my life easier, please bring back my htc!

No comments:

Post a Comment